Leanne is a unique mixture of instrumentalist and vocalist and pursues a wide range of musical styles with depth and conviction. As an instrumentalist (harp/classical guitar), singer, actor and dancer she has performed opera to oratorio, jazz to musical theatre as well as sacred music and incorporates her diverse musical training and rich performance experience into all of her solo work. During her career as a singer, Leanne has performed throughout the lower mainland appearing as a soloist with a variety of ensembles including Opera Appassionata, The Opera Project and the Vivaldi Chamber Choir and has sung with several orchestras including the Lyons Gate Sinfonia, the West Coast Symphony and the Vancouver Chamber Players. She has performed in diverse venues including The Vancouver Art Gallery, The Silk Purse, Place des Arts, Surrey Arts Centre and many churches throughout greater Vancouver including Christ Church Cathedral.
Leanne has studied voice with several gifted musicians including Marissa Gaetanne (lyric coloratura soprano), Patricia Plumley (pianist and vocal coach), Paula Kremar (mezzo soprano), Carolyn Sinclair (soprano and early music specialist) and soprano Heidi Klassen. She has performed in many masterclasses and workshops including the Vancouver International Song Institute - University of British Columbia and The Opera Project - Return to Resonance Mastery Series for Singers.
As a solo harpist and singer and as a member of her Celtic Harp Duo, which she co-founded with her son Connor in 2013, she has performed at a variety of events, from corporate dinners to concerts to grand openings, at diverse venues throughout the lower mainland (Vancouver, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Delta, Surrey, Langley and the Fraser Valley) including the Hudson's Bay, the Historic Stewart Farm House, Rowena's Historic Inn on the River, Krause Berry Farm Estate and Winery, the Vancouver Golf Club, the Terminal City Club, the Wedgewood Hotel & Spa and many Seniors' Residences. Leanne has also created and performed several outreach and fundraising concerts for various charities including the Peace Arch Hospital foundation, The Oneness Gogos, the White Rock Hospice Society and recently performed for the Abbotsford Hospice, as part of their 'Christmas Moments' at the newly established Holmberg House. In addition, Leanne continues her work as a music minister, playing and singing within the Catholic Diocese of Vancouver.
Leanne presently devotes her musical studies to the Celtic harp and participates in several workshops with both local and international harpists. She plays a full size, custom-built, 36-string lever harp hand-crafted by Canadian harp-builder Jamie Newsom. Beautiful to look at, it is notable for its rich and resonant sound. In addition, Leanne's harp has been expertly equipped with a K&K pick-up providing the option of amplification for larger spaces or where significant ambient noise is present.
- Associate of Arts Degree - Douglas College - New Westminster B.C. (1985-1987)
- Music Diploma Program - Classical Voice Major - School of Music - Vancouver Community College, Vancouver, B.C. (2004-2006)
- Vocal technique and pedagogy with soprano Marisa Gaetanne - Vancouver, B.C.(2003-2006)
- Vancouver International Song Institute - University of British Columbia - Vancouver, B.C. (2008)
- Vocal Coaching with Frank Klassen - Vancouver, BC. (2006-2009)
- Vocal technique with early music specialist Carolyn Sinclair - Vancouver, B.C. (2007-2008)
- Voice lessons and master classes with international soprano Heidi Klassen - Vancouver, B.C. (2009-2013)
- The Opera Project - Return to Resonance Mastery Series for Singers - Vancouver, B.C. (2012)
- Breath Sings with Alisa Kort - MIBE Canada - Vancouver, B.C. (2015)
- Harp Studies with Rebecca Blair - Vancouver, B.C. (present)
- Continuing workshops with local and international harpists (present)